Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Everyone Needs A Good Laugh

I truly believe everyone needs a good laugh as often as possible. I have personally found that two things help relieve my stress: 1. Crying 2. Laughing, now I don’t know about you but I would pick laughing over crying everyday. I don’t mean the ha ha very funny laugh, or the slight giggle either. I mean the loud, head thrown back, sides hurting laugh. That is what a good laugh truly means. When you laugh a good laugh for a moment you forget your worries and you can almost feel the stress being washed away, and with the way this world is I truly believe everyone should get to experience that as often as possible. With three younger brothers who love to clown around it’s not too hard for me to find something to laugh at! For those who don’t have as much to laugh at I strongly recommend reading the book Shut Up About Your Perfect Kid written by Gina Gallagher and Patricia Konjoian (A.K.A. the Shut Up Sisters). This book was co-write by two sisters with children who have Asperger’s and Bipolar Disorder. What makes this book unique is how they intertwine the seriousness along with the humor of the various situations. I guarantee they will have you bursting with laughter in no time. I would recommend this book to any and every parent of a child or teen with a mental disability, and I recommend reading it as soon as possible too, because I know you’ll find it every bit as enjoyable as I did.

No comments: