Saturday, March 27, 2010

Crying

“There is sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They are messengers of unbearable grief and unconditional love”- Washington Irving. Some people think of crying as a sign of weakness, but I believe differently. As you can see from the quote above I’m not the only one. I freely admit I cry sometimes and most of the time I’m not sad, but overwhelmed, stressed to the limit, or slightly depressed. For me crying is a relief, it makes me feel like a heavy burden has been lifted off my shoulders. To me crying is a reset button. Like everything bad came out through my tears and I can start again. Occasionally crying or even crying 1-3 times a week is acceptable. If you are crying everyday for no good reason other than feeling the need to, or crying overly easy that may be a sign of depression. But don’t hold it in. That only makes it worse, and doesn’t provide the feeling of relief crying does. Even boys and men can cry. Boys are told men aren’t supposed to cry, but I believe in equal rights. So if girls are allowed to cry then boys should be too!

No comments: