Friday, February 18, 2011

And the nominee is.....Brandon and the Bipolar Bear

Every parent who has a child with bipolar disorder has read them the book Brandon and the Bipolar Bear, and if you haven't pick up a copy right now and read it to them because it's an amazing book. And I'm not just saying that because my mother wrote it (I'm not biased at all, I swear)I'm saying it because it's true. For the first time Brandon and the Bipolar Bear has been nominated for the Favorite Special- Needs Children's Book on About.com We are all very excited, but since it's a contest for which book is the people's favorite (although I thought it was obvious)the people have to choose. The site that's having the contests is About.com here's the link http://specialchildren.about.com/b/2011/02/11/vote-for-favorite-special-needs-childrens-book.htmvote for the very first one Brandon and the Bipolar Bear so a very special writer, advocate, and parent, who has helped countless people understand bipolar disorder and how to cope with it, can win a very special award that it deserves.

No comments: